Following is a list of SEO analysis and keyword research tools. Some are specialise in only keyword research. Some tools do a number of different SEO analyses. The simplest, most popular and best keyword research tool is Google’s Trends.
BEST SEO ANALYSIS TOOLS
- Google Trends
- aHrefs. The best for backlink checking. Even better aHrefs backlink checker is free. You’ll need to pay to get keyword rankings/movement up or down Vs time. See snipped backlink example at the bottom of this web page.
- Moz for rating spammy links scores. It’s free.
- SEMrush is good for reporting toxic links to your site. Don’t worry to disavow them anymore. The latest news is that Google discounts toxic backlinks from link farms etc.
- Ubersuggest is a tool I haven’t tried yet.
- Google’s Keyword Planner is a good tool for showing search volumes on Google and for keyword ideas.
- Theasaurus.com and Grammarly are good for synonyms.
- Then there are search engines. Don’t forget “exact match” searches to see how SEO for your phrase is performing. Put your phrase between apostrophes.