FREE SEO TIPS
For DIY SEO help, the following are 100%, good, free SEO tips without signing up to a spammy email list.
Following is a summary of some search engine optimisation ( SEO ) tips which spring to mind. The SEO tips are not a comprehensive detailed list of tips. For brefity the tips and advice include some SEO jargon for which I appologise. These are SEO tips from an experienced SEO expert. There are more SEO tips for improving organic search engine ranking on my very old page at www.4webmarketing.biz/tips.htm
- It’s the ESSENTIAL first step before developing a business plan or buying a domain name. It’s priced at only $40. Example:
- Buy short exact match domain names.
- Share your reserch with stakeholders such as site owners, copywriters, web designers, SEO staff, graphic designers, IP managers, etc.
WEB DESIGN TIPS FOR GOOD SEO.
- Have your web designer in Perth create fast loading web pages. Use a popular content management system such as WordPress or build your pages with html editing if you have the skills. My very old PerthPerth.com site is still popular and build with an old html WYSIWYG editor.
- The less columns the better. The recommendation web page design image above is from Google’s website.
- Build pages based on keyword research and KEEP focused. (long tail SEO).
- Copywriting for SEO means a minimum of 300 words per page.
- Create interesting content.
- Develop a good site structure.
- Use h tags.
- Use optimised images.
- Use image alt tags.
- Get high quality dofollow backlinks related to your site. For example if your site is about something in Perth then a link from the home page of perthperth.com is worthwhile. If you’re an exporter go here https://www.austrade.gov.au/asddetailsupdate.aspx?folderid=1737 to list with a dofollow link. If you consider hiring a link building campaign, be carefull to manage link building carefully. Search engine can detect an unnatural sudden increase in backlinks from irrelvent sites. Also keep in mind, social sites only provide nofollow backlinks which is good for peer to peer marketing but useless for search engines.
- Identify and link to cornerstone pages from within your website and from other websites.
GOOGLE MY BUSINESS GMB
- Work on your GMB.
- For good review marketing, encourage happy clients to provide 5-star Google review. To make it easy for reviewers send them a DIRECT link which you can get from https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/places/web-service/place-id with your GMB profile name, comma, suburb name in the search box.
Copy your Place ID. eg yellow highlighted below.
Then send your reviewers this link :
- More GMB help
GOOD WEB HOSTING FOR SEO
- Use RELIABLE (>99.7% reliable web hosting.
- Use web hosting near where your target marketing is. In Perth Australia I recommend Hostaway in Malaga. If your target market is a bigger area than Australia, use a CDN.
- If you collect personal information, use a SSL.
- Use a web hosting service provider which is easy to contact. Hostaway excell at that. No ticket system and having to press multiple phone options after listening to long prerecorded phone messages.
- Use an affordable web hosting service provider. Again: Hostaway.
- Use a secure web hosting service provider lik Hostaway.
- Free support like the friendly staff at Hostaway is great.
- http/2 is good. If your URL has SSL test http/2
- Hosting your site on a fast dedicated server is good but more expensive. Good because your IP address will be different. Even more so if hosted on a different web hosting service provider than your other websites. In addition you’d expect your web pages to be faster without sharing your site on the same server as a bunch of other websites. If you’re starting out I don’t recommend the expensive price of a dedicated server.
- This 2021 client had an ugly, pointless 2 page sliders at the top of his home page. Getting rid of it gave a big boost in page load speed.
not only improves functionality and site security but also greatly improves page load speed.
If you want fast loading web pages like this, phone me on +61 418 958 799 for a free SEO consultation.